Avon Congregational Chuch’s Memorial Garden is located in the landscaped area on the west side of the Meeting House. The garden was created in memory of Alice Coombs Sanderson (1916-88), a beloved church member. With the building of the new Fellowship Hall in 2002, the Memorial Garden was established in its current location. A bronze plaque was installed to accommodate and honor additional church members. The Special Gifts committee oversees the garden.